I've been nominated for a blogger award!
I am a little shocked, thrilled, and oh so thankful to Jill at The Sew Alongs for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award. It is so lovely to find out that someone appreciates (is reading) the information I am putting out there! It seems that Jill and I have a few things in common based on her "7 things" let's see...
Seven Things About Me:
1. I am a Virgo. This gives me the right to be a nitpicking perfectionist but I am also practical, loyal, hardworking, (over) analytical, and kind (most of the time).
2. I have two degrees. The first is a Bachelor of Science in Home Economics, which was laughingly called an MRS. Degree, my major was Clothing and Textiles. The second is a Bachelor of Applied Arts in Fashion Design. Yes, in that time I could have studied to be a doctor and been saving lives by now but here I am, making patterns.
3. I grew up on a farm in Saskatchewan, Canada. My grandfather (Gedo) was a homesteader who came to Canada from the Ukraine in the early 1900's.
4. I love barbequed food. Rib steak is my favorite done exactly as my husband makes it.
5. I hate grocery shopping (and cooking). I can only manage it if I'm hungry which ends poorly with all the wrong choices. My husband does the shopping (and cooking) in our family.
6. I don't have any children. I am not sure if this was by choice or fate. My life seems complete and happy without them but I guess there is no way of knowing what it would have been like with them.
7. I love historically based TV shows and movies. Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire are a couple of favorites!
Now for the Fifteen Nominees :
1. A Good Wardrobe
2. Amanda's Adventures in Sewing
3. Cloth Habit
4. La Petite Josette
6. Making it Well
7. Pattern Runway
9. Pattern Vault
12. Sewing With Style
13. The Sewing Space
14. True Bias
15. Victory Patterns
If any of these blogs are new to you check them out! And thanks again to Jill for the nomination!
Did you notice the list is in alphabetical order? Hmmm, this could be another Virgo trait...