Lila is a woven blouse with a twist. View A features a center front seam with a pretty twist that cleverly forms into a bottom hem band. View B features the same lovely twist detail on the sleeve with a simple shirt-tail hem on the body. Both views feature a scooped neckline finished with a bias neck binding, a double layer back yoke and side bust darts. Sleeve styles are interchangeable giving you the option for two more style variations using the same pattern pieces.
Available sizes: 2-14 and 12-24 are included
(see the size guide)
Recommended Fabrics: Soft fluid blouse weight fabrics with a good drape will work best. Tencel twill, silk crêpe, rayon challis and viscose poplin are good choices.
Required Notions: Thread for the sewing machine and serger.
Your Purchase Includes:
Access to an In-House Patterns Studio Library account which houses the PDF pattern files, instruction booklet and video tutorials to help you with fitting and constructing the garment.
PDF Pattern Files:
A detailed instruction booklet for guidance on constructing the garment.
Layered PDF pattern files designed to print at home on A4 or US letter sized paper. A Print Shop file is also provided in A0 page size.
Instruction Booklet prints on 17 pages (9 double sided).
Sizes 2-14 print on 20 pages for each View.
Sizes 12-24 print on 25 pages for each View.
All sizes print on 2 sheets of A0 paper and include both Views.
(Adobe Reader is recommended for pattern file printing)
1. Fitting Essentials Guide for Lila
2. How to Download and Print the Pattern Files
3. How to Make Length Adjustments
4. How to Make Cup Size Adjustments
5. How to Eliminate the Back Yoke Seam
6. How to Make Bicep Girth Adjustments
7. How to Construct the Front Twist on View A
8. How to Construct the Sleeve Twist on View B
9. How to Eliminate the Bust Dart from View A
Pattern Design Projects Included:
• The Lila Dress Variation (with inseam pockets)
• How to Add Waist Shaping
• How to Create a Flutter Sleeve
• Modifications for Stable Knit Fabrics
• How to Create a Tie Front Hem **NEW
(all prices in Canadian funds)